Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hopes for a Better Tomorrow


It's hard to imagine that these innocent looking faces can make me feel either so great or so guilty at the same time, but today they did.


It's late, I'm tired, and a little bit crabby to be honest, but I can go to bed knowing I got things done today. Also, I can go to bed knowing tomorrow is another day, and that no matter what happened today, it will be history and we can start fresh.

For whatever reason, tonight my kids just drove me nuts! I felt like such a horrible mom, for having little to no patience, and not being any fun. I was making sugar cookies and Jenna was helping me. Well she accidentally knocked a cooling rack with freshly frosted cookies onto our carpeted floor. I lost it, yelled at her and told her to go and play. Then I instantly felt terrible and guilty as she burst into tears. She was just trying to help, and didn't mean to knock over the cookies. So I let her come and help put sprinkles on the rest of them. Why am I so crabby with them when they are whiny lately? I got a nap today, and a halfway decent night of sleep. Yet I still find myself counting to three when they are so crabby. I still love them with all my heart, and found myself feeling like a rotten person tonight. Is it because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the thought of a new baby coming? I still have three months to go, so I hope not! I don't know. I still feel bad for being such a grump tonight. I guess I'll just sneak in and kiss them when they are sleeping, make sure they have their covers on when I go to bed, and hope tomorrow is a better day.

On the bright side however, I got my house cleaned, cookies made and nine loads of laundry put away. So tomorrow I can just relax and enjoy my children. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It's winter, your pregnant, you have two active little ones... Cringe-worthy, tired mom days happen. But the good thing is, kids are so understanding and so forgiving- even when we're so hard on ourselves. We've all been there. Part of being a mom means lots of undue guilt. That, I'm quite sure, never goes away. Sigh. Hope your day tomorrow is better!! : )

Anonymous said...

Megan - join the club. If there is a perfect mom out there, I'd like to know the trick. The good thing is that your kids think that you are perfect, no matter what. There love really is unconditional. I'm not sure about when they get older but when they are little ones, They are completely forgiving.
Shari