Monday, February 9, 2009

Little Bump, Busy Day

We had a busy busy day today. I literally was only home for a few hours this morning. I had to do laundry (I did nine loads), than had an appt for the kids at the health dept., and a dr's appt for myself this afternoon. Then we helped Jeff and Heidi move into their new apt. tonight.

I'm officially 26 weeks! Only fourteen to go! :) I was wondering about how much my wt. gain would be, cause lots of people have told me I've "popped" in the past month or so. And to top that off, I stopped at B.K. on my way to my apt and ate a Jr. Whopper. It was very good. :) While I was standing in line, I could see the lady next to me checking out my belly. She must've decided it was safe to assume I'm pregnant, because she told me " I like your little bump!" Then she proceeded to tell me her little bump is going to be 18. I told her thank you, and got a little chuckle out of it. It made me feel good. Today was a good pregnant day. Yesterday was not. I'm not so sure why, but it just was a grumpy day where I felt like a beached whale.

But back to my apt. I only gained four pounds this past month, which puts me at about 12.5 pounds so far. My Dr. was very pleased with me and said " Good job on the weight gain!" I thought it was going to be more as I ate about a quarter of a chocolate cake in the past week or two. A little piece here, and a little piece there, and soon half the cake is gone! Also, she measured my belly. I was curious as to what it was, and asked. She said "You are right on track! Your measuring 26 inches." So.... I'm doing well, and so is baby. It's heart beat was in the 150's range. I'm supposed to get my glucose test done within the next week or two. I'm pretty sure that I don't have gestational diabetes, as I have no signs of it, but you never know I guess. It runs in the family. I know a few of my aunts and cousins have had it. ( Leanne I think you had it for your boys if I'm remembering correct.) One more month til I start going every two weeks. Seems like the rest of the pregnancy begins to go faster once you begin going every two weeks. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Jeff and Heidi moved into their new apt. tonight. The boys did all of the hauling and Jennie, Heidi and I did some of the unpacking. Mostly we just visited. :) I'm glad they moved up, it's hard to get to know those cousins who live downstate. Also, it's fun to have a little bit of family near by. We got them all moved tonight, so now they just have to unpack. They seemed pretty pleased with their new home. It's a cute little place, and will suit them well til they outgrow it.

But now I'm going to go to bed. I missed my nap today, and was up early with Travis this morning before dawn. He eventually went back to bed, but it still wore me out with all the running we did today. So... .goodnight!

No comments: