Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Unexpected/Forgotten About Company

It was Lia's turn to come and visit with Annie today. She was pretty fired up to finally see where we live.


Today was a better day, although I'm wondering if Travis is coming down with another ear infection. I hope not, but he was running a slight temp tonight and was kind of crabby. I gave him ibuprofin in hopes that will help. He went to bed great tonight, so hopefully he'll sleep well too
But today.... we made valentines today for all of our family that we miss like crazy, I made panukaku for breakfast (my kids loved it), and that had something other than p&j's for lunch. I tried really hard to have more patience for them today, and it seemed to work as I wasn't ready to pull my hair out by seven p.m.

We had unexpected company today. My Dad, Annie and Lia showed up at my doorstep this morning around eleven thirty. Annie has an orthodontist appt. once a month, and the office she goes too is only up the road from where we live. I knew last week that they'd be coming down, but totally forgot about it til they knocked on the door. My kids were pumped to have company. It seemed like a teaser though, as they were only able to stay for a few hours, before heading back to help my mom at the bakery. It was probably great for Jenna and Travis to see other faces besides my own. We miss those guys, as we were used to seeing them sometimes four times a week, and now we're lucky to see them a few times a month. But we'll take our family fixes where we can, and today was nice even if it was short. :)




No comments: