Monday, February 16, 2009

Smiles from the Inside Out

I had a pretty good day today. A kind of productive day depending on what viewpoint you see it from. Creativly it was a very productive day. I got a page done for both of my kids scrapbooks. But..... my house still looks like a tornado went through it. So in that dept. I wasn't very productive.

I'm feeling pretty good, gettting to where my legs are bothering me more, and aching more often, but if I wear the ted hose, they help a bit. My last dr's appt gave me a clean bill of health, I just need to go get my sugar checked. Sorry if I wrote about that lately.... I have been very forgetful. I tell Aaron something and tell him again five minutes later. Oh well.

Aaron finished one of his classes that was only for the first half of the semester. He wouldn't want me to put it on my blog, but he passed with a 93%. I'm so proud of him! He works so hard to go to school and work at the same time, so it's nice to see his hard work rewarded.

We went and had our taxes filed the other day.... I'm just going to say we are happy with the results. We should be able to breathe again for a while, and hopefully save some for when I go on Maternity leave this summer. Makes me feel like I'm smiling from the inside out. It also lets us go for a trip to visit some of our friends who have moved about six hours south of us. We are hoping to go and visit BJ and Amy when they have their baby, and check on our other friends we don't ever get to see too often. They make it up here occasionally, but family is most important, so we don' t always get to see them. I'm excited to go and see all of them down there. We are planning on going in a few weeks, and I can't wait! We haven't been down there since we got married, so it should be fun. Jenna needs a new car seat though. She is too tall for the one she's in now and the buckles are getting rather tight. Anyone out there have any suggestions? She doesn't quite weigh enough for a booster seat, so I'm wondering if there are car seats that hold more than thirty pounds that would be a better option for her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a Cosco Scenera (bought at Target for ~$45), that I believe goes up to 45 pounds. You might have to double check the weight limit but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Anonymous said...

I clearly remember when Mark and I were at Grand Valley (with all those babies) and just when we wondered were the next dolar was coming from there was a tax refund or some kind of random rebate check that would show up. There's no question, God takes care of you. Hang in there and keep working hard. All of it really will pay off in the end.
Shari

Brian said...

megs. we just got a new carseat for maggie. it goes up to 100 lbs. saftey first, alpha omega elite. go it at tjmaxx..but they have it had target and babies r us too. see you guys soon!
~katie
i'm not sure why it shows up as brian...sorry.