Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy Tough

I wish I could rewind and prevent these....


I know I posted once already today, but I just had to share these pictures of Travis's rough day.


The poor kid really had a rough one. We were getting ready to go outside and he fell out of our doorway which steps down ( I was looking for his other mud boot and he snuck out on me as Jenna left the door open when she was ready) onto a cement doorstep. That is what the big red mark is from. He scraped his nose and a bit of his upper lip with that tumble. Then, once I hugged him and calmed him down, we put his boots on and went outside to stomp in a few puddles. Well, he hasn't had much practice walking outside on uneven ground as he learned to walk in January. So, he took another digger, on the sidewalk outside. I heard this one. :( Poor kid. He had quite the goose egg from that one. I feel so bad for him, he wants to run outside so much, but he's not coordinated enough and isn't used to walking on uneven ground. I know they need to learn, but I'm not sure that today was a good experience for him. :( Poor guy. He bounced back pretty quickly this evening, but still looks worse for the wear.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

If you put a dab of vegetable or olive oil on a bump like that right after it happens it will minimize the bruising...