Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Remnants of a Circus Peanut

My kids are scheduled for pictures at Walmart tonight at five o'clock. I made sure that they had baths, their hair is clean and I washed behind their ears. I made sure of that one because I noticed when Travis woke up this morning he had some remnants of a cirucs peanut on his earlobe.

So.... I am hoping that they co-operate and the pictures turn out to be darling. They both had a nap, and just had a snack so they shouldn't be hungry..... shouldn't being the key word. They shouldn't be alot of things that I tried to take care of today, but being three and one and a half, there is quite the wild card that could still be played. So I'll dress them up, make them look cute for an hour, so when I send the pictures out, people will think that my kids are darling all the time. That they never have chocolate around their mouths, or circus peanuts stuck to their earlobes. And not remember that Jenna's white sweater will probably be not so white by the time we leave the store, and her hair will be fuzzy in the back. Or Travis will probably have gotten something on the knee of his pants and have spilled juice on his sweater.
No.... we'll look at those pictures and remember how cute my kids can be for at least a short period of time, then we'll smile and remember what they look like the rest of the time, and how cute that really is too.

2 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

Isn't that the truth! Good luck!

Anna said...

Love it. You just made me chuckle, because it's all so true. Hope they cooperated as well as you hoped; even if not, the pouty lipped, crying pictures are pretty cute too!