Thursday, March 12, 2009

Preschool Swim Lessons

So we signed Jenna up for preschool swim lessons at the YMCA about five minutes from our house. This morning was her first lesson. She goes every Thursday morning for half an hour. I don't know if she was quite ready to be done when they were, but she did tell me after " That was fun mom!"

She did pretty well, except she has the attention span of.... well... I guess a three year old. :) Everything was so new and exciting, and there was lots going on all around them. There are five other kids in her class. Her teacher was teaching them how to blow bubbles in the water, kick their legs, and "scoop" water with their hands and arms. When she asked who wanted to go next, Jenna hopped up off of her step in the water and said " Me do!" And she did it eagerly. She really tried and did a pretty good job. So.... we'll see. I think it is an eight week class, so we'll see if she can swim a bit by the time she's done. :)

2 comments:

Loretta Marie said...

Take pictures next time. I'm picturing it in my head and if I'm right, it would be fun to see.

Healing Cuisine by Elise said...

Sounds pretty adorable! I agree -- take pics!! :)