Friday, March 20, 2009

A weekend with NO kids

Aaron and I are skipping town for the third weekend in a row. But this time we are leaving our kids. Jenna is pumped to "get dropped off " at Rick and Jen's house for the weekend. She's going to have a blast. She's been bugging to stay there for ages, and now she finally can. Travis will probably be another story, as he is in this ( I'm hoping it's just a stage and will pass) shy stage of his little life. He BAWLS every time I leave him somewhere. Heck he even bawls if I leave him upstairs to go and take a shower. It's like he has separation anxiety. So, I am looking forward to a weekend without all of that. It will probably be heavenly. I pulled out my swim suit today from my pregnant summer with Travis...... it's kinda sad looking but will work for one weekend. I'm looking forward to a short soak in a hot tub and swimming in the pool. Heck maybe I'll even go for a walk on a treadmill..... we'll see.
Hope everyone else has a good weekend!

4 comments:

Lorz said...

Have fun! :)

Anna said...

Have a grand time! A little getaway does wonders for the mom-psyche:)

Think I could use another, hmmm....

Healing Cuisine by Elise said...

was it a fun weekend??

Megan said...

It was SO fun! :) I came home and got sick with this aweful cold though!