Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ick. Ick. Ick.

We made it home today from our trip down state. It was pretty easy going. There were a few "sunday drivers" that we zoomed by, and some not so sunday drivers that Aaron actually beeped the horn at. But we made it in just under seven hours.

The trip went well except that Jenna puked when we were about an hour from home. We aren't sure what caused it. She complained of a stomach ache, and two minutes later came the upchuck. Ick. I hate vomit. I don't think I will ever get used to it. And being seven and a half months pregnant, my sense of smell is ten times stronger. It made me almost want to puke myself. So, needless to say, we pulled over and cleaned her and her car seat up the best we could with wet wipes. Her pj's, and Travis's blanket went into a bag til we got home, and the immediately into the washer. I had to take apart her new car seat to wash it, and decided to do Travis's at the same time. What a pain. I got an unpleasant surprise when I did Jenna's. She got puke on the van seat. I scrubbed it with wet wipes, but am sure I should use something else. But I don't really have any supplies here. Any suggestions? I really don't want to smell that in my van. :(

She seems to be feeling better though. She hasn't complained of being sick, and didn't feel as if she was running a temp, and kept some juice and some cheese down. Hopefully it was a one time deal and we're done.

2 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

I'd give it a good scrub with soapy water, spray some lysol if you have it and then sprinkle with baking soda, let it dry, then vacuum. Good luck! That is such a nasty thing to smell, I hope it comes out!

Pete/Heidi said...

Sorry to hear that your trip home was not so pleasant! I would use Kids & Pets... Its a vanilla scented stain remover for fabric. It smells wonderful (not too heavy) and works well. We used it often when Hondo was a pup (thank goodness he has gotten bigger), and thought that he should mark his territory indoors. The product worked well, and smelled awesome! :) Good luck!