Sunday, March 15, 2009

Puddle Jumpers

I have two puddle jumpers. :) Aars and I brought Jenna and Travis for a walk outside when I got off of work this afternoon as it is BEAUTIFUL outside. It makes me wish we had a grill so we could grill hot dogs out there for supper. But we don't, so I'll try and get over that wish.
Anyway, back to my puddle jumpers. At first we tried to keep them out of the puddles, but soon figured it to be a lost cause. So.... we let them jump. What the heck, why not. They haven't been able to do anything outside because it's been so cold. So we just let them go. The water had to be freezing as it's all melted ice and snow, but it didn't seem to bother them any. By the time we came in they were both soaked up to their knees. Jenna up to her thighs. She kept unsuccessfully trying to jump over the puddles, but her jump isn't very good, so she would land in the middle. But they had fun, and sometimes you just have to get over that instinct to cringe whenever they go near a puddle. It was worth it to peel their clothes off of them when they were done to see the grins on their faces.

No comments: