Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Glucose and Cheap Tires

My doctor will be proud. I finally went and had my diabetes test done today. For the record, I hate fruit punch, and the stuff I had to drink today was even nastier! But, I did get it done. It was a pain to wait almost two hours at the hospital , with Jenna and Travis, but now I don't have to keep thinking about it. The doctor wrote me a lab slip a month and a half ago to go and get the test done, and a mid pregnancy CBC count. It just was never a good time to sit and wait. Now I just wait to see if it comes back negative or positive. I'm guessing negative, as I have none of the symptoms, and it was negative for the last two, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I got two newer used tires today for the Jetta. We found this rinky dink tire and hubcap place two towns north of where we are ( Starts with I) that sells tires for cheap. This is our third time going to him for tires. I love being able to help " the little man", which is what we are doing when we buy tires from him, rather from some big hot shot dealer, or Walmart. He isn't ever open, but he has his cell phone and home number on the door. Every time we've needed a tire, he's either opened for us, or like today, used the honor system, and just left the tires outside when he was gone and I paid his wife next door. But for real, if you ever need a tire or two, let us know! We could probably get you some from there and find a way to get them to you. In the past six months, we've gotten four tires for our vehicles, and two for Alanna and Tony's and it's cost us less than two hundred dollars. Today I got two tires for thirty dollars. What a steal! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Yes, I do read your blog everyonce in awhile. It seems like a fun thing to do. I read about the tire guy awhile back and if you have his number to pass on that'd be great. My sis-in-law needs new tires, and would give him a call. Thanks! my email is jahelppi@mtu.edu
Kathleen