Thursday, January 15, 2009

Children's Museum on a Snowday

Aaron had a snow day today as the whole county down here was closed due to freezing cold weather and a wind chill advisory. He still got up for work at five though and put in a full eight hour day. And he walks to work. What a guy.

Jennie and I had made plans to go to the Children's Museum this week, so we went today. Her with her nanny kids and me with my two. It was quite the process to bundle them up in their snowsuits as I didn't want them to be cold. My van struggled to start this morning it was so cold outside. But anyways, we headed to the museum at around ten a.m. Jenna was getting crabby so I asked her " Should we just stay home and take a nap?" To which she quickly replied " No, I will shape up!" and she did, so we went.

They had a BLAST. There are so many neat things for kids to do there. Jenna got to kind of hold a snake ( a garter snake) and Travis was brave enough to touch one. They were also impressed by the turtles that they had there. I think Jenna went down a slide in the shape of a toilet, the intestines were a slide, she dressed up as a firefighter, and checked out the inside of an ambulance and an airplane. Travis was pumped off of a cozy coup car. He didn't know how to go forward though so he just scooted backwards til he bumped into something. Trav's was also very impressed with a train set that they had set up behind some pexi glass. I think we sat there watching the trains go around and around the track ( which was set up to be like a landscape of some sort) for about ten minutes.

I think we were there for two and a half hours and we still didn't get to do everything before it was time to go eat lunch and head home for naps. We went to McD's for lunch. Travis fell asleep in the three minute time span it took to get there, and Jenna fell asleep on the four minute time span it took to get home from McD's. They were worn out. But they had fun, so I think we will have to frequent there again. It would be fun to try and make it there once a month. It's a perfect place for kids to be kids. Especially on a cold day like it was today.

No comments: