Saturday, January 3, 2009

Nifty 50

My dad turns 50 tomorrow, and they are having a shebang for him tonight. As far as I know, he thinks they aren't doing anything. I'm a bit torn that I can't be there, but I talked to my mother and she wisely told me " Megs, you can't be everywhere." Which is true, but it would've been great to be there. It isn't every day your dad turns 50. I'm hoping to take the kids and make a quick jaunt up there tomorrow, spend the night and come back on Mon. in time for work. The only kink in my plans is a probable snow storm. What else? We're supposed to get up to ten inches. At least that was the rumor I heard at work tonight. Seems like every weekend for the past month we've gotten hammered with some kind of snow storm or other kind of raunchy weather.

I am hoping to get to a little Finnish store down here and look for a new temperature thermometer for Dad's sauna. The one that they have is broken and no matter how hot or cool it is it always reads 15o degrees. So I think he'd be pumped with a new one.

I finally gave Travis a haircut. I've been threatening to do it for about a month now, and last night I finally got around to doing it. We used the clippers on the bottom, and pretty much left the top alone. I also cut the little wings over his ears with the scissors. He looks so much bigger now. Crazy how a simple haircut can make your baby look so much older. It was kind of a challenge to cut it as he would NOT sit still. I even gave him a sucker to eat but it just got full of hair as he was too concerned about what the clippers were doing than the sucker. When I get the pictures off of Jennie's camera I will post some pics. But for now, I think I'm going to just relax and put my feet up. It was a crazy busy night at work and my feet are pretty achy.

No comments: