Friday, January 16, 2009

-3 and Needing Heet

The morning started out rather doubtfully..... the van WOULD NOT START. Not even with the help of Dan and his van and jumper cables. It was just too cold. Aaron was supposed to go and donate plasma this a.m, and thats when we found out the van was having and issue with the -3 temp. It took a good hour to get the van up and running. The boys had to run to the gas station and get some Heet to put in the gas tank. Aaron figured it was either a bad battery that just can't handle the cold, or a frozen gas line, or a little bit of both. Either way, we were this close to not making it up here tonight, and then on his last attempt before he gave up, it started. Yea for cold weather...... not. The whole campus was closed again today due to cold temps. It just doesn't seem to warm up!

Our camera came in today! I was so excited to get it. Just in time for my Duluth getaway with all of my sister in laws ( minus Kate as she couldn't make it cause of work ) tomorrow. So, I have the rest of today to play around with it and figure out how to take pictures with it and monkey with all of the different settings. Should be fun and I'm looking forward to it. I am also looking forward to a whole day to myself in Duluth with my sister in laws. I don't get to see any of them nearly enough since we moved, and Katie only a few times a year as she and Brian live in MN. It should be a great time.

I met the family renting our house today. I mentioned before that they are from southern Texas ( near Corpus Christi). Well I talked to them a bit today and found out that they LOVE our winter weather! Go figure. :) They also love our house and think it's big. Good thing though because they are having another baby soon ( I think this is either number six or seven). Which is another good thing since they are living there. Maybe they'll like it so much they will want to rent it. They seem like really nice people. I was glad to finally put a face to our renters. It was weird to not know who was living in my house. It was a little bit strange to be the visitor to my house instead of the other way around. Also, talking to them they really like the area. But who doesn't? It's a great place to raise a family. Someday we hope to get back there... we'll see where the wind blows us when Aars is done with school.

2 comments:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Megs! Have fun at your ladies weekend! Keep warm. Hey we rented out our house in MN, too . . . congrats on being landlords and may it go well. What kind of camera did you get? Love ya!

Megan said...

We got a Fuji s700. I love it! I've been playing around with it a little bit, and am realizing I have LOTS to learn! :)