Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thinking of Love

I felt my baby move this morning..... I've been able to for a few weeks now, but I felt it kick with my hand. I love it when I can share the experience with Aaron. He is always so fired up when he can feel it moving around in there. Probably makes the whole experience more real for him. The kids love their dad, so having another one will be fun. I'm nervous though, because I've heard so many stories about how number three is the toughest.

He's been so great to me and the kids. He hates it that I have to work, but I honestly don't mind when it helps with the bills while he's going to school. He doesn't always treat me like a queen, but that's fine. He treats me honestly and with lots of respect. Every once and a while he'll do something small to surprise me like doing the dishes, or cleaning the house.

My favorite thing he's ever done is draw me a hot bath for when I got done working an eight hour shift at the nursing home. Your probably thinking no biggie, just turn on the faucet and let the tub fill up. Well, at our house in town, we'd always run out of hot water before the tub was even half full. So in order for him to have a bath ready for me, he boiled water on the stove downstairs and carted it to the tub upstairs. That was awesome. He'd had music playing and candles burning. What a treat. It doesn't have to be an expensive gift to make me happy. :0) But he seriously has been great. He gets up at four a.m. before classes to work and then comes home and doesn't complain when I don't always have supper ready. I don't know what I'd do without him. He completes me.

2 comments:

Healing Cuisine by Elise said...

Amen for husbands!! :)

Pete/Heidi said...

What a nice post! Thanks for sharing, and it is wonderful to have someone to half the sorrows and double the joy! :)