Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pictures, a New President, and Stockings

I know I promised pictures, but guess what. We left the USB cable and everything else we need to transfer all of our new fun pics from our camera to the computer up north at Pete and Janet's. Bummer. I'll have to remember to grab them the next time I am up there. But I did take some outside today. They aren't as accurate as my description yesterday because the front end loader came through and scraped some of the parking lot where there were no cars parked.

Jenna and I went and played outside today. I probably looked a little bit foolish. I don't have any snow pants, so I borrowed Aaron's hunting pants which are waterproof, and camouflage. He does have plain black carharts, but they are way to big. So, I made do. I stayed dry so I guess that's the most important part. Jenna had a blast. She made snow angels, we climbed a big snow pile and slid down on our bums, and she found a smaller hill to use her snow tube from Kate on.

I watched our new president get sworn in today. It made me really think that I am glad I am not him right now. He's got a lot of work cut out for him. I wish him all the luck and courage he may need to get the job done right. When the navy choir sang the national anthem it gave me goosebumps. We truly are lucky to be an American.

So I have varicose veins. hooray. They showed up last week and they HURT. So far it is only on my left leg, my right doesn't bother me at all. But they really hurt and I don't even have very many! The one little bulging vein was causing a throbbing and burning sensation and making my whole leg really achy. So I called the hospital and the Dr faxed a prescription to the pharmacy for what they call maternity stockings. Basically they are Ted hose nylons that come up over my belly. They aren't as bad as I thought they would be, and they really do help give relief from the pain. I'm hoping I get used to them and that soon I won't think anything of them. I am also hoping they go away after my pregnancy. I doubt it, but I can hope right?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Keep an eye on that spot that you said is burning, Megan. In my first pregnancy I ended up with thrombophlebitis- a blood clot in the superficial vein- extemely painful. The nurse didn't believe me at first and said it was just varicose veins (which I do have anyways). It got so bad that I was literally crawling around on my hands and knees because it hurt to put any pressure on it.

As far as varicose veins go... THey are a pain. Keep your feet elevated as much as you can, take vitamin E supplements, and maybe use some sort of support belt for your belly. And as much as they suck, wear the support hose. They'll help a lot.

Too bad you have to deal with them-I know firsthand how annoying and uncomfortable they can be. :(

Anonymous said...

Bummer. I'll second that. The pain will go away after the pregnancy, at least it does for me. And it is hard to put your feet up w/ little ones, but rest whenever you can!
Juli